Intellectual Property Law
Short-Course / Online-Study
REQUEST FURTHER INFORMATION: CONTACT US.
Intellectual Property Law // Study-Description
- Lawyers with a focus on intellectual property, international patent law, trademark law, international logistics - distribution
- Import / Export, Customs
- Investors / sales in the GM, biotech, pharmaceuticals
- Biology / Medicine / BOKU graduates
- (Bio) farmers (representatives)
- Food technology - Functional Food
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Biotechnological industry
- Agricultural institutions such as chambers of agriculture - British, US ec. Chambers of Agriculture
- Healthcare facilities, , doctors and pharmacists - trade in pharmaceutical products, patent law
- NGOs, focal points: TTIP, TRIPS, genetic engineering. Patenting and trade in genetically engineered animals / plants / organisms (WWF, Greenpeace)
The students should be able to understand the principles of intellectual property rights in the EU and be able to implement this knowledge in regard of any given case.
Dr. Tim Sampson, BSc
Durham University – Bsc (Hons) Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
University of Cambridge PhD in Biochemistry
Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Patent Agents
Ed Rose, Employment Relations, 3rd Edition 2008, Financial Times Prentice Hall Publishing
Derek Torrington & Stephen Taylor & Laura Hall, Human Resource Management, 8th revised Edition 2010, Financial Times Prentice Hall Publishing
- Intellectual property Law
- Regulation for Bioscience
- IPR Strategy
- Biotech Patents
- Pharmaceutical Patents
The admission for the study is based on the chronological order of registration via the application form. You can find the application form further down. Simply press the button "Download Application form", fill in the form and send it to us.
For further questions please contact us.
There are no fixed semester dates or time limits.
After the admission you will get access to the study platform Campus. Here you can attend lectures online, study the scripts and ask questions about your study in the forum - or contact the study department directly. If you feel ready, please order the examination materials. You have two weeks to prepare your seminar work. After delivery via IT experts assess your work within four weeks and subsequently you will obtain your examination certificate.
Our study department will guide you throughout the entire duration of the e-learning program and will accompany you with help and deed.
The distance-learning course will be conducted using state-of-the-art distance learning technologies and researched pedagogical practice of "Technology-Based Education".
On doing so following technical tools will be used:
- Online-Campus (central study- and examination platform)
- Discussion forums
- Access to online-medias (lectures and scripts)
- Newsletter and subscriptions
- wwlibs (relevant literature)
The successful completion of the written examination (approx. 10 pages) covering the entire course content is required for receiving the certificate.
The public support, as well as the tax deduction of education and training expenses is subject to different tax regulations in different countries. Please check this with your financial legal representative or the competent tax authority.
Please find the costs of this continuing education program in the price list. We stay at your entire disposal for further questions.
BOOK COURSE / DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM